script type='text/javascript' src='http://track.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006050210221446' defer='defer'>

Port Tampa

The view from way, way, way, South of Gandy in Tampa, Florida. (So far south you can hear them chasing birds away from the runway at MacDill.)

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My Gandy to Cease Publication

The editorial and advertising deadline for the 5th issue of My Gandy was to have been today, so you can imagine our shock when this missive from publisher Derek Reusser arrived via e-mail:

"I regret to inform you that My Gandy Magazine will be shutting down operation. Everything was on track until yesterday when two key advertisers pulled out. It was a last minute surprise that we could not overcome at this late stage of production.

I greatly apologize for any wasted time invested in advertisements and stories.
I appreciate the great amount support we received from advertisers, writers and readers alike. The time for my company and the market was just not quite right."

Full disclosure-the Port Tampa blogger wrote a couple of short pieces for My Gandy issue number 4 on a strictly volunteer basis.

The demise of Derek's venture makes us wonder when we'll have a critical mass of commercial/retail activity SOG so that instead of saying "I rarely venture north of Kennedy," we can honestly say, "I rarely have any reason to do business north of Gandy."

1 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a shame.... I spoke to derek about his venture, and thought he had the right idea... The amount of work necessary is overwhelming, though....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home