script type='text/javascript' src='http://track.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006050210221446' defer='defer'>

Port Tampa

The view from way, way, way, South of Gandy in Tampa, Florida. (So far south you can hear them chasing birds away from the runway at MacDill.)

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Landfill Link and other Esoterica

I know, I know, I'd get a lot more hits if I titled this Landfill Link and other Erotica, but this is not that kind of blog.

The Link Every time I mention the location of some Port Tampa project in relationship to "the hill" at the south end of Wall St. between Wall and Manhattan I am reminded that I really don't know much about Port Tampa's official dumping history. (See my post about unofficial dumping.) I was delighted then when I noticed that Seminole Heights posted this nifty link to the City of Tampa Historic Landfill Assessment Program Find a landfill location on the map, then click away to look at current status, history, and pictures taken in 1998.

The Esoterica Dale Mabry Hitches, located just south of Home Depot, has the most interesting collection of SOG stuff I've seen in one place. A "Tampa Jai Alai, Bus Parking Only" sign adorns a door to the office and a super collection of vintage post cards is displayed just inside the front door. There is even a card of the wharf in Port Tampa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home