script type='text/javascript' src='http://track.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006050210221446' defer='defer'>

Port Tampa

The view from way, way, way, South of Gandy in Tampa, Florida. (So far south you can hear them chasing birds away from the runway at MacDill.)

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Miles for Moffitt Saturday

Nothing keeps a fat person focused on marathon training quite like registering for a race a month. So, this Saturday will find me waddling on at the five mile inaugural Miles for Moffitt race at USF. Of course it was the excitement of the Gasparilla Distance Classic race expo that sucked me into registering for this in the first place. I am most certainly not ready to run 5 miles, however, if there are some recovering Moffitt patients who aren't quite done with their chemo I might be able to pull off an "at least I wasn't last" finish. If you'd like to do something moderately fun, but exceedingly rewarding, come out for the 5 miler or the 1 mile fun run/walk. Registration/packet pick up starts at 6:30AM Saturday, the 5 miler starts at 8:00. The organizers promise signs to parking once you near the USF campus. I certainly hope so. Just for kicks I counted the number of times I've ventured North of Kennedy this year and it's only been six times if you don't count trips that took me completely out of town (like to Minnesota not Pasco County).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home