script type='text/javascript' src='http://track.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006050210221446' defer='defer'>

Port Tampa

The view from way, way, way, South of Gandy in Tampa, Florida. (So far south you can hear them chasing birds away from the runway at MacDill.)

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What's Going Where Wednesday V

I've been away from the neighborhood, and my computer, for a few days and will be gone for a while yet but my intrepid assistants are helping me out.

These properties aren't in Port Tampa, but are so close they are of interest:

The old MacDill Credit Union building which has stood empty since the headquarters was moved to Brandon has been leased by SOCOM (Special Operations Command). Personnel should be moving into the building soon and I certainly hope they configure the entrance, and any required security, to get people off Dale Mabry and separated from the morning back up at the base entrance. Failing that, I'd suggest transportation look at having a "don't block intersection" sign at Dale Mabry and Interbay.

A confidential source reports the trailer place between the old Credit Union Building and the McDonalds at Interbay and Dale Mabry has been sold. Surveyors were out the other day so I anticipate permitting for something will follow shortly. (Wild guess) My source was not at liberty to say what is planned for this location but did say the billboard will stay. I hope the ad on the south side is changed as it currently reads "the seach is over" for an apartment complex. If I weren't afraid of heights, and opposed to even well meaning vandalism, I'd climb up and paint in an R. It drives me nuts.

Finally, it looks like "Interbay Self Storage" on Interbay just east of Port Tampa will be open for business soon. I don't know what this building was before as it has been empty and for sale since we arrived in the area. The new owners have beefed up the landscaping to the entrance and put up a new chain link fence topped by razor wire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home