script type='text/javascript' src='http://track.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006050210221446' defer='defer'>

Port Tampa

The view from way, way, way, South of Gandy in Tampa, Florida. (So far south you can hear them chasing birds away from the runway at MacDill.)

Sunday, May 07, 2006

O'Brien St. and Ashton Woods Redux

Last Sunday I posted that there were objections to New Millennial Homes' rezoning request for the S. Obrien St. properties. Turns out they were city staff objections. Transportation wants sidewalks on the property line going through the driveways noted on the site plan. Storm water wants some water retention. Added to those are the council's request that they come back with a plan that shows more variety in facades and gets the cars parked to the sides of the houses instead of out front. The next hearing will on May 18th.

An anonymous commenter asked about Ashton Woods and I had hoped to be able to include something in What's Going Where Wednesday last week. Except for their development called South Green located 12 blocks south of Gandy on Sheridan in the Ballast Point area I haven't come up with anything. I did e-mail the company but did not receive a response so I guess it's time to get on the phone. I'm not optimistic though. Last year I called them when we were househunting and a rep told me they weren't going to be building in Tampa, then they broke ground a few months later.

2 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The person who I have met with Tom Bennet is saying "We are coordinating with the city for the developer's agreement. No
change" I met with him in March about a lot on own on S. Trask St. he told me the same thing at that time. He also said they would be starting by the end of the year. Seems like South Green is almost sold out. Tom did say that the plan was to build the same type of homes and same price range in Port Tampa.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Lofty said...

Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure I ask for Tom when I go after that update.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home